Oscar the Grouse returns

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Oscar the Blue Grouse, terror to all that invade his domain, returned again
      to Ward Creek Blvd. This time he tried to stare down my car. What do you
      do with a chicken trying to play chicken? After winning a 10 minute stare
      down, he stood his ground as I slowly rolled by. He didn't even flinch when
      a Cooper's Hawk dive-bombed him.

      I've concluded that God not only protects little children and the United
      States of America, he also has a soft spot for Grouse.

      Oscar and his family can be seen a random times, including the middle of the
      day, on the loop at the end of Ward Creek Blvd.. off Hwy 89, just south of
      Tahoe City.

      Richard C. Carlson
      Full Time Birder, Biker & Rotarian
      Part-time Economist