Re: [CALBIRDS] Godwit sightings

  • Canyon Wren
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi Calbirders and Alan,
      my two cents worth:

      We actually had a flock of 26 pass by Miller Beach, Gary, Indiana on Lake
      Michigan about a week ago. Highest count of this species anywhere in the
      state
      and anywhere along Lake Michigan that I am aware of. Usually we do good
      to get one or two.

      But, we now have some young enthusiastic birders who spend a lot of time
      watching Lake Michigan so wonderful things are being reported.

      First Parasitic Jaeger just appeared this week-end.

      Good Birding!
      Lynea

      Lynea Hinchman
      Michigan City, Indiana
      Heart of the Indiana Dunes
      canyonwren@...

      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't
      do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from
      the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
      Discover. -- Mark Twain