multiple HUD GOD

  • D. Heindel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi y'all,

      Though not in CA, but since they did fly
      by us.... violating our airspace no doubt...
      Wasn't there a fall record on the ORE coast
      late '70's or early 80's of a homogenous flock
      of 16 HUD GOD?

      Mitch - Torrance
      birdfish@...
      Mitch Heindel

      - - - - - - - - - - -
      Jim Lomax asks,

      > Out of curiosity, I wander how many
      > of the other 18 accepted records had two birds at once?

      The answer is none. All other accepted records were of single birds. One
      of the two rejected records was a report of 10 birds.

      Luke

      Luke Cole
    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
        On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:56:39 -0700, "D. Heindel" <birdfish@...>
        wrote:

        >Wasn't there a fall record on the ORE coast
        >late '70's or early 80's of a homogenous flock
        >of 16 HUD GOD?

        Yes, 16 photographed together at Bayocean Spit, Tillamook Co., on 17 August
        1980. American Birds 35(2):217, 1981

        Accepted by the Oregon Bird Records Committee:
        http://www.oregonbirds.org/accepted_recs.html

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...
        Fall Birding Classes start Sept 3 http://fog.ccsf.org/~jmorlan/