Visitor's thanks

  • Ingrid Huskey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Dear Calbirders:

      Many, many thanks to all Calbirders who responded to
      my RFI for my California-birds wishlist! I am happy
      to report that I left California with 17 life birds
      and really enjoyed California scenery and California
      weather.

      Calif. Quail
      Yellow-billed Magpie
      Calif. Towhee
      Oak Titmouse
      Chestnut-backed Chickadee
      Wrentit
      Calif. Thrasher
      Nuttall�s Woodpecker
      Pigeon Guillemots
      Black Oystercatcher
      Brandt�s Cormorant
      Pelagic Cormorant
      Western Gull
      Heerman�s Gull
      Black Turnstone
      Tri-colored Blackbird
      Hermit Warbler

      Places visited:
      Santa Margarita Lake
      Montana de Oro S.P.
      Monterey
      Cliff House (San Francisco)
      Muir Woods
      Folsom Lake S.P. (near Sacramento)
      Yosemite N.P.

      I'm especially grateful to a new birding pal who took
      me birding and several other birders who gave me
      excellent advice. I will be happy to show you Texas
      birds should you come to the Austin area.

      Now that we are retired we plan to return to
      California in the future; this will give me a chance
      to look for the birds I missed and ask for your help
      again.

      Thanks again and good birding,

      Ingrid Huskey
      Travis Audubon Society