Cory's and Streaked Shearwaters!

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23 7:33 PM
      It's been a long day so I'll cut to the chase. Stephen Bailey and I
      went out on both morning and afternoon trips with skipper Richard
      Ternullo of Monterey Bay Whale Watch today. We did refind the CORY'S
      SHEARWATER this afternoon at 3:30 in windy conditions in roughly the
      same place it was yesterday. Not only that but 45 minutes before that
      we had a STREAKED SHEARWATER!

      Earlier in the day we also observed 2 CRAVERI'S and 2 XANTUS'S MURRLETS
      when conditions were calm. Also 2 BLACK TERNS and a single SOUTH POLAR
      SKUA ..

      There are spaces on tomorrow afternoon's whale watch rip but bear in
      mind that afternoon winds can affect the status of these trips. 831
      375-4658 for reservations. Details at http://www.montereybaywhalewatch.com

      I've had a few inquiries about a chase trip. Monday Aug. 25 is
      possible. If we can meet the minimum. If you are interested please
      respond to me privately ASAP

      Cheers,
      Roger