Birding Book

  • Canyon Wren
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2003
      Hi All,
      It has been a while since I birded in California - this May to be exact. I
      birded in Antelope Valley and other nearby places in Kern County. Birds I
      saw included Olive-sided Flycatcher and Tennessee Warbler - yes, I'm sure
      that is what it was - being an Eastern birder.

      Anyway, I'm only telling you this to be on topic. The real purpose of this
      message is that I'm looking for an out of print book.

      It is "A Guide to the Birds of Thailand" authored by Boonsoung Kekagul and
      Philip D. Round; ISBN 974-85673-6-2; Saha Karn Bhaet Co Ltd. 1991.

      I have searched extensively on the internet without any success. If anyone
      has a copy of this book that they would be willing to sell, please email me.

      Also, if anyone has any suggestions on additional ways to find it, I would
      welcome that information, too.

      Good Birding,
      Lynea

      Lynea Hinchman
      Michigan City, Indiana
      Heart of the Indiana Dunes
      canyonwren@...

      Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and
      leave footprints on our heart and we are never, ever the same. -- Anonymous
    • Alison Sheehey
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2003
        Hi All

        >The real purpose of this message is that I'm looking for an out of print
        book.
        For those searching for rare books ADDALL.COM does a worldwide search for
        books. It lists price and location of the bookstore. I found Lynea's book
        with little problem. I have found many rare bird and natural history titles
        through this service.

        Now, for Lynea, was this Tennessee Warbler seen in Kern County? There are
        several of us who track status and distribution within the county who would
        appreciate specific locality and date information.

        Good birding,

        Ali

        ****
        Nature Ali - www.NatureAli.org Educating the world about Kern County,
        California's unique biodiversity.
        ****
      • Douglas Shaw
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2003
          Hi All,

          To end the subject quick - Bookfinder.com reveals that Amazon.co.uk has a
          copy for $77.25. You can search by ISBN, title, etc.. on Bookfinder which I
          use for pricing research.

          Doug Shaw
          Santa Rosa, CA
          s.doug@...

          > It has been a while since I birded in California - this May to be exact.
          > birded in Antelope Valley and other nearby places in Kern County. Birds I
          > saw included Olive-sided Flycatcher and Tennessee Warbler - yes, I'm sure
          > that is what it was - being an Eastern birder.
          >
          > Anyway, I'm only telling you this to be on topic. The real purpose of
          this
          > message is that I'm looking for an out of print book.
          >
          > It is "A Guide to the Birds of Thailand" authored by Boonsoung Kekagul and
          > Philip D. Round; ISBN 974-85673-6-2; Saha Karn Bhaet Co Ltd. 1991.
          >
          > I have searched extensively on the internet without any success. If
          anyone
          > has a copy of this book that they would be willing to sell, please email
          me.

          > Also, if anyone has any suggestions on additional ways to find it, I would
          > welcome that information, too.
          >
          > Good Birding,
          > Lynea
          >

          > Lynea Hinchman
          > Michigan City, Indiana
          > Heart of the Indiana Dunes
          > canyonwren@...
          >
          > Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and
          > leave footprints on our heart and we are never, ever the same. --
          Anonymous

          these addresses: