[ADMIN] The latest virus attack

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2003
      Hi Calbirders,

      There is a recent spate of virus emails going around. I'm getting virus
      attacks in about 90% of my emails. Most of these are sent with spoofed
      return addresses. Some were sent with my addresses, including one that made
      it through Calbirds.

      Calbirds never has, and never will, allow attachments to be passed through
      the listserver. I will never send an email to Calbirds using the
      mobile@... address. I only use that address to receive email on my
      cell phone when I'm not home.

      That said, it is obvious that someone on this list does not have virus
      protection, and is infected. If you are the one, get off the internet, get
      virus protection, and clean your system before you get back on. If you have
      virus protection but have not updated your virus definitions lately, update
      them and run a scan.

      Good birding,
      Steve Sosensky
      Toluca Lake, CA 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W