Del Norte Black-headed Gull

  • katbirdca
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 11:44 PM
      Calbirders:

      The Black-headed Gull, reported earlier this week, continued at Lake
      Earl, north of Crescent City. Alan Barron, Colin Dillingham, and I
      observed the bird from approximately 6:30-7:30 this evening (8 Aug
      2003) in the previously reported area. Alan first spotted the bird
      on the south side of the narrows -- shortly thereafter it flew
      northeast and landed on mudflats to roost with other gulls and
      Caspian Terns. (See prior posts for more detailed directions.)

      Kathy Robertson
      Hayward, CA