CENTRAL COAST BIRDING RALLY

  • John Ayres
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
      The Central Coast Birding Rally is less than two months away. Support from the local business community and from benefactors from across the United States enable us to put this event on without charging a participation fee. The entire weekend event is free and includes a Friday evening reception, the Saturday morning rally, a Saturday afternoon Santa Maria style bar-b-cue and auction of birding related items and a Sunday Big Site (not to be confused with a Big Sit). You can take part in either the non-competitive or the competitive rally. The competitive venue includes both a hobby and an open class for the more experienced birder. We are providing an event that is a lot of fun. You can contribute to our effort by showing the business community that indeed, birding is a popular hobby, that birders travel beyond their homes in pursuit of their hobby and most importantly that the conservation of wildlife and habitat benefits the entire community. The October 3-5 weekend event will be held in the three valleys of northern Santa Barbara County. For more information including an entry form that can be downloaded, check out our website: http://lpas.westhost.com/rally/ .

      John Ayres

      Rally Chairman, La Purisima Audubon

      Lompoc, CA