RFI: SoCal Birding

  • Jack Eden
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hi All,

      I will be in LA in about 2 weeks for business, and hope to get in 2-3 days of birding. I will have a car, and will be looking for a few specialties, preferably within half a day's drive of LA. I know mid-August is not prime time for many species, but I was hoping that someone out there could give me a hand. Specifically, I was hoping to find Pinyon Jay, Black-chinned Sparrow, Nuttall's Woodpecker, Tricolored Blackbird, Lesser Nighthawk, and some Thrashers (Crissal, Le Conte's, etc.).

      Thanks for any help you can provide!

      Jack Eden
      Bend, OR
      orbirder01@...