Salton Sea bird photos

  • shufprbo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hi Calbirders,

      As some of you may know, Kathy Molina and I are currently co-editing
      a symposium proceedings on the Salton Sea that will soon be published
      as a volume of the Cooper Society's monograph series "Studies in
      Avian Biology." We are close to finalizing the text but we still
      need a color photograph for use on the cover. What we are after is a
      stunning (naturally) image of large numbers of waterbirds at the
      Salton Sea. Ideally this would show a diversity of species and would
      not emphasize waterfowl. We have contacted some of the "usual
      suspect" photographers in Calif. but it appears that locating frame
      fillers of individual species is much easier than shots of habitats
      or multiple species in abundance. Please let me know if any of you
      have a photograph of the type we are after or if you know of someone
      else who might.

      Thanks much, Dave Shuford