Problem with Yahoo Groups...

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      Calbirders,

      I just received a notice from Yahoo Groups (as moderator of several
      other groups) that can impact Calbirds operating procedures. The
      specific change that they will enforce can be found at:
      http://help.yahoo.com/groups/groups-56.html

      The specific change that I object to is:
      "Files and Photos: Groups web membership will be required to access a
      group's Files and Photos areas."

      What that means is that links, say to OrangeCountyBirding's Nutting's
      Flycatcher images and information, will be inoperatable after August
      7th. You would have to be a member of OrangeCountyBirding to see such
      files. So websites that have any links to files or photos on Yahoo
      Groups would not be accessible under the proposed policy, if I'm
      reading it right. Of course the message I received did not provide
      an address to protest the changes.
      Joel Weintraub, Dana Point, CA