RFI: what you consider common

  • MATTHEW PARTAIN
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2003
      Hello all, we are Matt and Jenny Partain from Indiana. We will be visiting your state from Sept 6-21 and would love information of thing we should easily (or not so) see. We've consulted nearly a dozen books and even more web sites to give us a pretty good idea but would love to hear first-hand accounts from people who are there every day. Here's a list of places we're going: Santa Anita canyon, Palos Verdes Peninsula, Bolsa Chica, Upper Newport Bay, Mission Bay, Torrey Pines, Tijuana Slough, Salton Sea, Joshua Tree, Maricopa/Mt Pinos, Cottonwood Canyon, a drive up Hwy 1 to the Big Sur Lodge, Santa Cruz Island, and a pelagic trip out of Santa Barbara. Obviously, we tried to cram as much as we could into the amount of time we had. We've decided we could spend several months in southern Cal and not get to all the places we would like to go to. Are there any secrets to finding the YB Magpie (are they on the Big Sur Coast??) or the Tri-colored Blackbird??? I know we're requesting
      a lot of info but we're really chomping at the bit to get over there and having some fun. Hope to hear from you soon.

      Matt & Jenny Partain Greenwood, In