Ringtail (Monterey Co.)

  • Pterodroma@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11 8:48 AM
      I have seen Ringtail but once in my life and that was in Southern Monterey
      County up near the crest of the Santa Lucias & Coast Range above Gorda / Willow
      Creek off rt.1, about 5.5 miles up and inland from the Big Sur Coast along Los
      Burros Road. This was quite late at night in the wee hours after midnight
      back during my obsessive / compulsive nightly Hale-Bopp comet chasing /
      photography episodes back in the Spring of 1997 when I logged over 2,000 miles doing
      just that every night all over southern Monterey and northern San Luis Obispo
      Counties. Stunning views of that handsome little beastie as it foraged along
      the roadside and in that very dusty road. Comet photos weren't bad either.

      Richard Rowlett
      (home base):
      Seattle / Bellevue (Eastgate), WA, USA
      (spring time 1994-2003+):
      Piedras Blancas Lighthouse
      San Simeon, CA
      (summer & fall 1989-2003+):
      San Diego, CA
      and at sea somewhere in the Eastern Tropical Pacific

      "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
      nobody has thought" --Albert Szent-Gyorgi (1893-1986).