Re: [CALBIRDS] California/North America mammal list

  • Joe Seals
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2003
      Alan:

      The United States Geological Survey home page allows
      access to their hundreds of pages and sites that
      provide listings of mammals (as well as sites with
      other animals -- invertebrates and vertebrates -- and
      plants). It's quite extensive.

      http://www.usgs.gov/

      Also, there are two Yahoo forums that address natural
      history other than birds in California:

      Central Coast counties and

      -- for Kern, Inyo, and Tulare Counties

      Both of these groups allow for and encourage the
      discussion of mammals as well as other animals and
      plants.

      Joe
      --- SiriusGuy@... wrote:

      > Might anyone know of an Internet source that would
      > provide some listing? Or
      > perhaps there is a parallel group to CALBIRDS as
      > well.
      >
      > Alan Birnbaum

      =====
      Joe Seals
      Santa Maria, California --
      where the weather is always perfect
      and my garden always has something blooming
      and birds galore

      http://sbc.yahoo.com