RE: [CALBIRDS] Black Bear in Yosemite

  • Robbie Fischer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2003
      Philip,

      I visited Yosemite June 25 - 27 and camped at Tamarack
      Flat. I had two different sightings of Black Bears,
      one an adult and one about a year old, very close to
      the rough road to the campground. Both sightings were
      in daylight. There are also a sow and two cubs near
      White Wolf in Yosemite this year. You didn't mention
      Marmot but I saw one near the Soda Springs trail at
      Tuolumne Meadows.

      Here in Pacifica (15 miles south of San Francisco) we
      have a Bobcat at San Pedro Valley Park. I see it on
      about 25% of my visits, lounging in a meadow not far
      from the group picnic area.

      While in San Francisco, try to get up to the Marin
      Headlands for the Hawk Watch one afternoon. Here's
      their web site:

      http://ggro.org/

      Email me privately and perhaps we can assist with more
      specific targets.

      Regards,

      Robbie
      Robbie Fischer