anecdote, feel free to ignore

  • Bruce Deuel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
      Hi all,
      Yesterday I went for my annual physical, and the first thing my doctor, a part-time birder, said on entering the exam room was that he had Lawrence's Goldfinches in his yard, the first he'd ever seen. I told him I had been hoping for that species in my yard for 12 years. This morning I opened my front door to leave for work, and there was a pair of Lawrence's Goldfinches not 6 feet in front of me! Ain't life quirky?

      Cheers,
      Bruce Deuel
      Red Bluff, Tehama Co.
    • Bill Principe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
        At 08:02 AM 7/3/2003 -0700, Bruce Deuel wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >Yesterday I went for my annual physical, and the first thing my doctor, a
        >part-time birder, said on entering the exam room was that he had
        >Lawrence's Goldfinches in his yard, the first he'd ever seen. I told him
        >I had been hoping for that species in my yard for 12 years. This morning
        >I opened my front door to leave for work, and there was a pair of
        >Lawrence's Goldfinches not 6 feet in front of me! Ain't life quirky?

        So, tell me about this "doctor" you see. Does he wear a bone in
        his nose, feathers and paint on his bare body, and smear his hair
        with buffalo dung? Perhaps he could say an incantation for my
        life list, too.

        Bill Principe
      • Bruce Deuel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003