Gray Catbird

  • Steve Huckabone
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2003
      In Modoc county just 30 yards south of the California Oregon border I
      found a Gray Catbird. This bird was seen Thursday 6/19 from Stateline
      road in the little town of Pine Creek. The bird was singing from the
      tops of some willows just outside the gates of the Oregon state
      campground. Pine Creek is 14 miles south of Lakeview Oregon on hwy 395.
      I don't know if this is an usual find for Modoc county or not but I
      thought it was worth mentioning.

      Steve Huckabone
      Alameda County
      Livermore California
      USA
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2003
        This is a first Modoc County record and one that I looked for specifically
        last weekend without any luck! Great bird and one that was perhaps overdue
        given that they nest in eastern Oregon.

        John

        **********************************
        John Sterling
        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695
        530 668-8694 (home office)
        530 668-1985 (home)
        916 737-3000 ext 3593 (Sacramento office)
        916 752-0899 (cell phone)

        > In Modoc county just 30 yards south of the California Oregon border I
        > found a Gray Catbird. This bird was seen Thursday 6/19 from Stateline
        > road in the little town of Pine Creek. The bird was singing from the
        > tops of some willows just outside the gates of the Oregon state
        > campground. Pine Creek is 14 miles south of Lakeview Oregon on hwy 395.
        > I don't know if this is an usual find for Modoc county or not but I
        > thought it was worth mentioning.
        >
        > Steve Huckabone
        > Alameda County
        > Livermore California