Cub scout visit to Bolsa Chica Wetlands

  • brianswartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2003
      I am organizing a Cub Scout (2nd through 5th grade boys) trip to
      Bolsa Chica Wetlands in July.

      I checked with Amigos de Bolsa Chica & Sea & Sage Audubon Society
      and they have no available guides for this time frame.

      I can stumble through a "Bird Walk" myself; however I would be
      grateful for any suggestions and especially any materials for boys
      of this age group.

      It is probably unnecessary to state the obvious; however the
      largest
      challenge will probably be finding a way to keep the boys
      interested
      in 'watching' while managing to keep enough birds in the wetlands
      for them to 'watch'.

      Any thoughts or other help will be gratefully appreciated.

      Brian Swartz
      Cypress