Lark Bunting in Marin

  • kmburton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14 7:06 PM
      This morning I found an adult male Lark Bunting at Cypress Grove Preserve. This may be Marin's first spring record.

      The Preserve is at 20545 Highway 1 in Marshall, 1.1 miles north of Marshall-Petaluma Road and 6.7 miles south of Tomales-Petaluma Road. The bunting was near the trailhead at the crest of the hill, on the right, about 1/4 mile in from the highway, but after the initial mid-morning sighting it flew south and was not seen again although several birders were in the area on and off all day.

      The Preserve is closed to the public. Call 415-663-8203 during business hours for permission to enter.

      Ken Burton
      Inverness