Death Valley oases

  • Eric Kershner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9 9:05 AM
      Braving the heat (~120 degF) on Saturday and Sunday, I bird several of the wet, green spots in Death Valley. A few seemingly out of place species included: 4 Ruddy Ducks (2 males and 2 females, males in bright breeding plumage), an eared grebe, 1 non-breeding plumage male Cinnamon Teal and an Eastern Kingbird around the Furnace Creek Golf Course. Typical other desert dwellers were present, especially Lucy's Warblers which were fairly abundant.

      Eric L. Kershner

      Eric L. Kershner, Ph.D.
      Institute for Wildlife Studies
      2515 Camino del Rio South, Ste. 334