Death Valley birds

  • HeraldPetrel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      Birders

      A few friends and I visited the Death Valley migrant traps Thurs and Fri.
      The best birds were a Prothonotary Warbler at Furnace Creek and a Northern
      Parula at Stovepipe Wells. Overall it was quiet, and super hot (123 in the shade
      on Thurs), but good birding anyway. Four breeding male Bobolinks together at
      Furnace Creek were a nice treat.

      Brian L. Sullivan
      PRBO Conservation Science
      San Clemente Loggerhead Shrike Recovery Project
      2515 Camino del Rio South
      Suite 334
      San Diego, CA
      92108