Grey-crowned Goldfinch

  • vladimir@hotcity.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2001
      Just for information, this form is usually considered a full species
      by Russian ornithologists. It is mostly sedentary or slightly nomadic
      in winter. The northeasternmost part of its breeding range is
      Transbaikalia. Vagrants have been seen in European Russia and
      Ussuriland (I'm not sure about Japan). It is not particularly popular
      in aviculture, and is seldom, if ever, seen in zoos outside its home
      countries. I'd vote for natural occurence, unless proven otherwise :-)
      Vladimir Dinets