...uh, WHAT redshank?

  • dfxjcp@humboldt1.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2001
      Jude and I came home after being out of town over the weekend and found
      reports of a possible redshank on the flats behind the Arcata sewage ponds.
      The report was made by two birders, one of whom is comparatively new to the
      game and the other who we have not met but may also not be experienced...
      some of you may have dialed up the box here and heard bizarre reports from
      our mysterious (to most, yet) 'Birder Of Fortune'.

      Upon hearing these reports we were skeptical. Talked to Gary Lester who
      also expressed skepticism...why was the bird not a Ruff?

      We haven't gone to look for 'the redshank' since we feel it doesn't exist.

      Fix
      Arcata