consolidation of park access passes - minor clarification

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2003
      In a message dated 05/12/2003, Steve@... writes:

      > <<As most SoCal birders know, there is a program in the National Forests in
      > our area that requires the display of a Forest Adventure Pass to park in
      > any local National Forest....Now, you can use your Golden Eagle, Golden
      > Age, or Golden Access Passports instead>>
      >
      > For anyone who doesn't realize it, the pass to which he refers is NOT the
      > National Parks pass, but one that costs (and likely is worth) another $15.
      > When my National Parks pass expires at the end of next month, no doubt but
      > that I'll spend the extra money.
      >
      > Alan Birnbaum
      > Fresno, Ca

    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2003
        Thanks, Al. If anyone needs a clarification of the various passes, who
        qualifies for which pass, and how to obtain them, visit
        http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm .

        At 12:32 AM 2003-05-13 -0400, SiriusGuy@... wrote:
        >In a message dated 05/12/2003, Steve@... writes:
        >
        > > <<As most SoCal birders know, there is a program in the National
        > Forests in
        > > our area that requires the display of a Forest Adventure Pass to park in
        > > any local National Forest....Now, you can use your Golden Eagle, Golden
        > > Age, or Golden Access Passports instead>>
        > >
        > > For anyone who doesn't realize it, the pass to which he refers is NOT the
        > > National Parks pass, but one that costs (and likely is worth) another
        > $15.
        > > When my National Parks pass expires at the end of next month, no doubt but
        > > that I'll spend the extra money.

        Good birding,
        Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

        Steve Sosensky, SoCal Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
        10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
        Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.3 N, 118:22:02.1 W
        SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22 SMS: stevesosensky@...
      • Steve Sosensky
        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 2003
          A few people have asked this, so here is the answer for the group.

          Golden Passports are the same size as credit cards. The Forest Service
          offices have a little plastic thing that folds into a hanger for attaching
          your card to the rear view mirror. I agree that this could be tempting to
          crooks, but so could a hanging annual Adventure Pass. Day passes are just
          not cost effective, IMO, and usually difficult to buy early in the morning
          if you decide to go at the last minute.