America's Birdiest County [short]

  • creagrus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2003
      Details about the Monterey County effort on 2-3 May in "America's
      Birdiest County" event, which we used as a BSOL birdathon fund-raiser,
      are now available at http://montereybay.com/creagrus/ABC03.html
      Read all about the event and the results there (I had miscounted
      previously, so check out the actual final total... ahem).

      We again thank all our leaders and participants; the Wild Bird Center of
      Monterey for hosting the countdown and Whole Foods Market for providing
      the dinner; all those sponsors who provided auction or raffle items and
      gifts; and Carole Rose for preparing this year's event artwork (soon to
      appear on T-shirts worn by local birders).

      Don Roberson
      compiler,
      for Ventana Wilderness Society (BSOL's direct sponsor) and the Monterey
      Peninsula Audubon Society