suggestions for Orange County->Santa Cruz one-day trip

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 1:55 PM
      Here's likely a useful reference, for the "Central Coast Birding Trail,"
      covering the area of your trip.

      http://www.lpas.westhost.com/CCBT/

      As to where the single best stop along that section might be, here's a little
      clue, lifted directly from our Fresno Audubon website, for a trip I won't be
      making, though I'll try to duplicate it in about a month. (My wife wants us
      to do a Tulare county bicycle ride, for about 45 miles, hopefully without my
      running into anything while I bird from atop my bike.)

      <<May 17-18, 2003: Big Sur's Condors. This will be an overnighter to look for
      little bitty migrants and very large residents on the Monterey County coast.
      Leader: <A HREF="mailto:frankg@...">Frank Gibson</A>. You may want to leave Fresno on May 16 and stay
      overnight in the Monterey/Big Sur area. We will meet at Andrew Molera State
      Park at 9:00 a.m. on May 17.>>

      I recall reading somewhere that the cumulative species list for Andrew Molera
      State Park is somewhat over 400. Regardless of what you decide, certainly
      Highway 1 would be far more interesting and productive than Highway 101.

      Alan Birnbaum
      Fresno Audubon