RFI: Orange County->Santa Cruz one-day trip?

  • Dave Ranney
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2003
      Hi All,

      Kind of a fun query -- I'm going to be driving from Orange County to
      Santa Cruz this Saturday, and have the luxury to take my time and do
      some birding along the way. The question is, where to stop? :)

      So, if you could spend a few hours at 1-3 stops anywhere between those
      two locations, which spots would you choose? I'm open to any route (Hwy
      5/Hwy 101/Hwy 1), any habitat, etc. I've done far too little birding
      this season so I'm sure I'll have a great time no matter where I end
      up. Just thought I'd seek the input of those who know the terrain
      between the two points better than I do.

      Thanks!

      -Dave Ranney

      ------

      Dave Ranney