Eastern Sierra

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2003
      On our annual migration form Tucson to Tahoe, we made a few stops in the
      Eastern Sierra today, Sunday, May 11.

      Lone Pine: (Inyo Cty) A few migrants moving through. 2 Hooded Orioles at
      the Best Western. A beautiful male Blue Grosbeak 3 blocks W of the BW. Not
      much else.

      Mono Lake, Mono Cty: Cool but beautiful. Clouds of VG Swallows. GT
      Grackle. Several Dunlin & Spotted Sandpipers. No Avocets or Stilts. 100's
      of Eared Grebes. 2 House Wrens. one Red Br Sapsucker.

      Richard C. Carlson
      Full Time Birder, Biker & Rotary Bureaucrat
      Part-time Economist
      Palo Alto & Lake Tahoe, CA & Tucson, AZ
      rccarl@...
      650-949-9590