No Winged Migration info requests, please

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2003
      Hi All,

      Since posting the Winged Migration schedule, I've received several emails
      asking for more information about which theaters in a particular chain will
      be playing the movie, what time the movie will start, and all kinds of
      other questions to which I have no way of knowing the answers, such as if
      will it be coming out on video.

      The information I posted before came from the Winged Migration website. If
      the information isn't there, then I don't have it either.

      Here in Los Angeles, there were ads for Winged Migration in the newspapers.
      I would assume that any theater which wants to attract viewers would
      advertise it the same way it advertises all the movies it shows. Movie ads
      rarely show up more than a day or two before the movie opens, so wait until
      the wait is close and then read your paper or use your local online listings.

      You should also know that Winged Migration is slated to open around Los
      Angeles at other theaters which usually show art films but were not listed
      on the website. If your city was not listed, you still may be able to find
      it near you if you contact these types of theaters.

      Yes, I'm sure that you will eventually be able to buy Winged Migration on
      video tape and DVD, but I don't know when. I do know that seeing this movie
      on a small screen will significantly degrade your experience of it. I'd
      love to see it on IMAX. If you're reasonably close, make the effort to see
      Winged Migration in a theater.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

      Steve Sosensky, SoCal Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.3 N, 118:22:02.1 W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22 SMS: stevesosensky@...
    • Mary Wisnewski
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2003
        That URL once again:

        www.wingedmigration.com - click on release dates/reviews to find the dates &
        locations for the film.

        I'm planning to see it at the Camera 7 in San Jose, where it opens May 16th.

        good birding,
        -mary wisnewski

        Santa Clara county

      • Steve Sosensky
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2003
          And I received an email that the DVD is available at
          http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/winged_migration.html