[ADMIN] Please trim your replies

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Hi All,

      Just a reminder that proper nettiquette includes trimming the quoted parts
      of your replies to previous messages. It is especially important here as we
      have a limited amount of space in the archives. Once that space is used up,
      the older messages will begin to be deleted, making it harder to look up
      old messages, and possibly loosing important bird-finding data and directions.

      When replying to a message, please retain only the parts of that message
      that apply to the point(s) you're making. None of the header or footer of
      any previous message should ever be included in a reply.

      I don't think we're approaching this point yet, but we will eventually, and
      following this guideline will make this problem occur later rather than
      sooner.

      I'm going to start a project of going through the archives and weeding out
      old messages that have neither bird reports, status and distribution data,
      nor location directions. If any of you want to help, please let me know.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

      Steve Sosensky, SoCal Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.3 N, 118:22:02.1 W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22 SMS: stevesosensky@...