best three complementary areas in Monterey

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2003
      As I'm going over to Monterey-Carmel for the weekend, would my reviewing in
      my fieldguides the most common species as Christmas counted last year give me
      a good idea of what to see, or, has the season changed enough such this would
      not be useful?

      And regardless, if I can have the time for only three spots in that area,
      what might be the optimal choice for the trio, to give me an overall view of
      the country?
      Thanks to anyone who can provide some guidance.

      Alan Birnbaum
      Fresno, CA

    • Les Chibana
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2003
        Alan,

        Check the Monterey Bay Bird list postings at
        <http://www.sialia.com/s/calists.pl>
        for what's been recently reported and locations.

        For site information, check Don Roberson's Website
        <http://montereybay.com/creagrus/>
        look for the Monterey county birding locales.

        Also check Joe Morlan's Calif. birding pages
        <http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~jmorlan/>
        drill down to Monterey County via the California Birding link

        You might also check the Santa Cruz Bird Club Website
        <http://www.SantaCruzBirdClub.org/>
        for nearby birding areas.

        Les
        ---
        Les Chibana
        BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
        em <les@...>
        web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
        ph 650-949-4335
        fx 650-949-4137
        snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020