Satellite tracking of Migrant Birds

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2003
      Quite some time ago, can't remember exactly when, someone posted information here or on the old CALBIRD from a website where one can track migrant birds in California through satellite imagery. If anyone has this information at their finger tips I would appreciate a reply.

      Thanks and good birding,

      Jamie M. Chavez
      Santa Maria, CA USA
      34.90'N, 120.45'W
      jc.wings@...

      <")
      ( \
      / |``

    • Les Chibana
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2003
        Jamie,

        The West Coast radar is at
        <http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.keyx.shtml>

        Other sites with info and radar are

        Clemson Univ.'s Radar Ornithology Lab
        <http://virtual.clemson.edu/groups/birdrad/>

        BirdCast <http://www.birdsource.org/birdcast/index.html>

        I think this used to be a .com URL, but there's nothing at that URL and
        the .org site is now
        a joint project site (Cornell Lab of Ornith, Audubon, Clemson U.,
        Academy of Nat'l Sci.)
        and apparently they don't provide NEXRAD imaging any longer.

        Les
        ---
        Les Chibana
        BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
        em <les@...>
        web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
        ph 650-949-4335
        fx 650-949-4137
        snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020