Pre and Post Godwit Days birding around Northern California (Easter)

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2003
      Dear Northern California Regional Birders,

      As you may be aware, the local birders up here in Humboldt County have gone to great lengths to offer a fantastic weekend of birding for Godwit Days. This Easter April 18-21 will be our 8th year (www.godwitdays.com). The reason I am posting specifically to the Bay Area groups is because of a special pre-trip shuttle from San Francisco Thursday and then another shuttle trip back down on Tuesday, or Wednesday. These are trips we designed to encourage "Out of Country" birders to not have to hassel with getting up to Humboldt, renting a car and all that. We will have a vehicle to pick folks up Thursday morning birding our way north on Hwy 101 to attend the festival with local chaperones Fri-Sun, after that we have a number of trips designed to get you back down to the bay area as needed.

      I know that most working folk can't take the time, but if you have the oppertunity this extended pre-and-post festival shuttle could work out very nicely and is certain to bag a great deal of birdlife variety as the package basically covers almost all of Northern California. I will be leading most trips involved in this program and have done the routes often over the past 10 years. I need a minimum of four participants to make things go as due to obvious circumstances we don't have any planned arrivals from Europe just yet. If there are people interested about birding with me over Easter please consider a look at the web page trip #'s 2, 83, 87, 88 and 89. Or you could just look at the Complete North Coast and Klamath Bioregion package #92. For $500 this package includes all the pre and post trips, festival registration t-shirt etc, and a Humboldt Pelagic trip Sunday. One is also always welcome to contact me directly at any of the LBJ Enterprises contact numbers below, or by e-mail.

      We will be offering this next year as well, but as the festival is very much about eco-tourism, by working on a carpool to avoid the individual trips up I thought we might appeal to the equally green-minded bay area residents as well as foreign guests. I hope you don't mind the cross posting and appreciate your support for everything we do up here for birds and wildlife.

      Yours Rob Hewitt

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cel (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 18-21, 2003 Keynote Speaker Kenn Kaufman