Eurasian Wigeon Migration Update

  • Michael G. Shepard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      April 1, 2003

      In the west, it appears that most of the wintering Eurasian Wigeon have now
      vacated California and much of Oregon. In an almost identical situation to
      last year, they seem to be bottled up in northern Idaho/Montana and southern
      Alberta/British Columbia. Weather conditions there are reasonable mild with
      plenty of open water. However, further north it is still winter, with
      temperatures not going above freezing in many locations. See the migration
      maps to date at www.birdinfo.com/EurasianWigeon_MAP.html

      I haven't received much info from Oregon over the past couple weeks and
      would much appreciate hearing if I missed some of the Eurasian Wigeon
      reports.

      In other news, I've been gradually updating bird finding information for
      Victoria BC, accessed at www.birdinfo.com/birdroute001.html

      Also more bird images have been added to the gallery at
      www.birdinfo.com/imagegallery.html

      Cheers,

      Michael G. Shepard
      Victoria BC Canada