Falcated Duck

  • bkalpa2
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 5, 2003
      >>> Frank Hall 03/05/03 01:56PM >>>

      The male (superb) falcated duck is back and present on the fish ponds
      (south of Fish and Game Road) at the Fleming Unit of Honey Lake
      Wildlife Area. This is a publically accessible part of the area and
      they should fill out a visitor card if they come onto the area. It
      MAY be occasionally viewable from the county road (north and south)
      near where it was last year. It was viewed by two persons this
      morning. Bruce, John and Brad, feel free to inform those who would
      like a (or another) look. Please have them call the wildlife area HQ
      530-254-6644 for more immediate info. (from Bobby Tatman) .
      Frank

      Frank Hall
      Associate Wildlife Biologist
      California Department of Fish and Game
      728-600 Fish and Game Road
      Wendel, California 96136
      fhall@...
      530- 254-6808
      Fax 530-254-6994
    • Butch Carter
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10, 2011
        Hello
           I am planning on leaving this afternoon from San Diego, Is the Falcated Duck still there ???

             Thank You
             Butch Carter
             Santa Ysabel, Calif

      • Naturestoc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 10, 2011
          Not seen as of 11am this morning. dan

          Dan Brown, Sacramento
          www.naturestoc.smugmug.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 27, 2011
            Please ignore my previous message. Somehow I missed the message from Chuck
            Dresel.

            Please continue to post sightings of this beautiful bird! Also, please post
            if looked for and not seen, as well.

            Thanks!

            Lori & Mark Conrad

            Hermosa Beach

          • Gary
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 29, 2011
              Hi All: The Duck was viewed today by many people. He was feeding in front of the viewing platform between 09:00 and 09:30 this morning and then returned to the log with some pintails where he took a nap. He was still visible when we left at about noon.

              Gary Grenfell
              Granite Bay
            • Linda LeRoy
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 11, 2012
                The Falcated Duck was being observed from the platform when we arrived at 4:20pm, & was still visible & actively feeding in front of a small, fairly distant island, when we left as the light faded at 5:10.
                Linda LeRoy
                Al Moreno
                Downey, Ca
              • Maggie Rufo
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 28, 2012
                  Present at the Colusa viewing platform today.

                  Maggie Rufo
                  Novato
                • Jean
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 5, 2012
                    My friend Mary Rose and I searched this morning, 2/5, from about 7am to 10am for the duck with no luck. We returned later in the day, around 230 I think and spent about 20 minutes - no celebrity duck for us.
                  • Ruth Rudesill
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 8, 2013
                      I've checked the online websites with no recent information. Has anyone seen or tried to find the Falcated Duck in the past week?
                      We're thinking of trying for it tomorrow.
                      Thanks for any information!

                      Ruth Rudesill
                      Kenwood CA

                    • NIKKI
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 8, 2013
                        I went to Colusa AND the Sac Refuge on Thursday and no Falcated Duck.  It has NOT been CONFIRMED seen since the 19th of December.  Looks like it is gone
                        Nikki
                        Redding CA