Fwd: [CVBirds] Cape May warbler in Sacramento

  • Keith Kwan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 12:28 AM
      The Cape May warbler was at this location until 4:00 pm, when I left. It was favoring the tree, within park grounds, that is nearest an apartment with colorful balls decorating the 2nd story balcony.
      John and Glennah Trochet <trochetj@...> wrote:To: CVBirds
      From: John and Glennah Trochet
      Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:45:20 -0800
      Subject: [CVBirds] Cape May warbler in Sacramento

      Dear Birders,
      Jeri Langham found an adult male Cape May warbler in Larchmont Park
      (I think that is the name of the place). Coming east on Highway 50,
      exit at Bradshaw Road and go north to Folsom Blvd. Turn west and go
      through a few lights (I think) to Tiber Road, where there is another
      traffic light, and turn north. Follow Tiber until it "T"s at a stop
      sign into Linda Rio Drive. Turn west. The park will be on your right
      in a couple hundred yards. The bird was in the large budding tree in
      the extreme southeastern corner of the park. Look for the trampled
      grass to the south of the tree if no one is there.
      From the west on Highway 50, exit at Watt Avenue and go north. The
      first exit beyond the freeway is La Riviera Drive. Take this east
      through a few stop signs to the stop sign at Linda Rio Drive. Turn left
      (northeast, I think) and follow Linda Rio to the park, which will be on
      the left side of the road. The bird was favoring the budding large tree
      in the extreme southeastern part of the park.
      Good Luck. And thanks, Jeri, for finding my 300th bird species in
      Sacramento County.
      Best,
      John Trochet

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Central Valley Birds[CVBirds]messages are searchable
      and archived at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/central_valley_birds/messages.

      Keith Kwan
      Sacramento, CA