Monterey County Condors

  • Dennis Braddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Calbirders,

      CALIFORNIA CONDORS soared above the steep chaparral-covered Coastal Range
      today in Monterey County. Following up on a 2/22/03 report by Sandy Novack
      we headed south on Hwy. 1 this morning. A few miles south of Big Sur at mile
      marker 40 we parked in a pullout. Almost immediately we spotted a pair and
      then a third California Condor against blue sky near the ridge high above
      us. All three gradually drifted out of sight to the north. A few minutes
      later two condors (re)appeared from the south and also drifted north. The
      scale of the California Coastal Range leaping out of the Pacific Ocean
      demands birds of this majesty.

      Dennis and Patricia Braddy
      San Ramon