blythe birds

  • Roger Higson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2001
      greetings.Temps cooling, barely 109 at Noon. Thankfully the humidity is
      dropping down to 65% and hopefully as these drop the acceptance of this new
      format will rise.Nothing special Selasphorous Hummers are zipping through,
      and my out of place Waxwing continues. Apologies to Diamond fans who mailed
      me! Yes " I AM I SAID" is a classic. Not many people sing to their
      furniture.As my final input on Cedar Waxwing vocalisations, I feel safe in
      saying that I will offend none in the Cal Birding world, when I describe it
      as " an atonal, simpering, repetitive, self indulgent, rehash of its last
      uninspired warbling" A bit like "BABS" roger higson art.higson@...
      blythe
    • Ed Stonick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2001
        Does the following apply to the Cedar Waxwing or to Neil Diamond!? ;-)

        vocalisations, I feel safe in
        saying that I will offend none in the Cal Birding world, when I describe it
        as " an atonal, simpering, repetitive, self indulgent, rehash of its last
        uninspired warbling"

        Regards,
        Ed

        [Ed Stonick]
        stonicks@...

        > greetings.Temps cooling, barely 109 at Noon. Thankfully the humidity is
        > dropping down to 65% and hopefully as these drop the acceptance of this
        new
        > format will rise.Nothing special Selasphorous Hummers are zipping through,
        > and my out of place Waxwing continues. Apologies to Diamond fans who
        mailed
        > me! Yes " I AM I SAID" is a classic. Not many people sing to their
        > furniture.As my final input on Cedar Waxwing vocalisations, I feel safe in
        > saying that I will offend none in the Cal Birding world, when I describe
        it
        > as " an atonal, simpering, repetitive, self indulgent, rehash of its last
        > uninspired warbling" A bit like "BABS" roger higson
        art.higson@...
        > blythe

        Membership and set your mail option to No Email.

      • canyonwren
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2001
          Ed,

          Don't try telling that to another Cedar Waxwing that they sound that way.

          Since I enjoy much of the music of ND, I can't be convinced that those
          adjectives apply to him. either.

          So, maybe it doesn't apply to either. Personally, I like hearing both in
          the appropriate places and times.

          Lynea Hinchman
          Michigan City, IN
          canyonwren@...

          Use Channel 11 subcode 22 in Indiana

          > Does the following apply to the Cedar Waxwing or to Neil Diamond!? ;-)
          >
          > vocalisations, I feel safe in
          > saying that I will offend none in the Cal Birding world, when I describe
          it
          > as " an atonal, simpering, repetitive, self indulgent, rehash of its last
          > uninspired warbling"
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ed
          >
          > [Ed Stonick]
          > stonicks@...

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Membership and set your mail option to No Email.