Re: [CALBIRDS] Blue phase Ross' Goose

  • Bruce Deuel
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
      Hi Ron and all,
      It's pretty far away, but I see no features that make me think this is not a "pure" blue-morph Ross's Goose. Notice the head and bill shape compared to the white-morph Ross's that is closer to the camera and about even with the blue bird's tail. It appears the black feathering extends from the nape up onto the crown, as expected, as well.
      Cheers,
      Bruce Deuel
      Redding

      >>> "Ron LeValley" <ron@...> 02/03/03 09:23PM >>>
      Hi all,

      Following the discussion of the dark phase of the Ross' Goose on
      ID-Frontiers last week, I've posted a photo of one in the Calbirds photo
      album under waterfowl. See what you think of this bird.

      lack+Ross%27+Goose.jpg&.src=gr

      Ron LeValley
      ron@...
      707/839-0900