Re: [CALBIRDS] RFI Bald Eagle tags

  • Gjon_Hazard@r1.fws.gov
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28 12:39 PM
      The Bird Banding Lab (in conjunction with its Canadian counterpart)
      coordinates bird marking in North America. Information on reporting marked
      birds is provided on the following webpage:

      http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/homepage/call800.htm

      Cheers,
      -Gj

      As of Nov. 2002, we have a new mailing address.
      ====================================
      Gjon C. Hazard
      Branch Chief, Recovery and Permits
      Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife Office
      6010 Hidden Valley Road
      Carlsbad, CA 92009 USA
      Voice: 760/431-9440x287
      FAX: 760/431-9624
      E-mail: Gjon_Hazard@...
      http://carlsbad.fws.gov/
      ====================================

      Mark Paxton
      <mark@...> To: "'calbirds@yahoogroups.com'"
      <calbirds@yahoogroups.com>
      01/28/2003 11:20 cc:
      AM Subject: [CALBIRDS] RFI Bald Eagle tags

      Hi all,

      My wife and I observed a juvenile Bald Eagle with large orange tags
      attached
      near the wrist on Monday, Jan. 27, in San Benito County. The tags bore
      black numbers which we were unable to record. Does anyone know where/when
      these tags might have been attached and by whom?

      Thanks, and good birding

      Mark Paxton,
      San Benito County