dark morph Broad-winged Hawks

  • Jim Barton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2003
      Hello, I am seeking records of dark morph Broad-winged Hawks from CA to
      include in a report on Canada and U.S. dark morph BWHA migration,. The
      report will be the basis for a brief presentation to the HMANA conference
      in Corpus Christi this March.

      To date, I have only two reports, both from the Palos Verdes, sent me
      by Mitch Heindel. I'd be grateful for as many additional reports as I can
      get. On seeing my preliminary report, several of you have grumped to me
      privately that my CA section is misleading. I agree.

      I'm aware that the dark morph is seen on the Mt. Diablo hawkwatch.
      However, I'm led to believe that at best I can get limited access to the
      Mt. Diablo data. I'm turning to you all in hopes of getting a
      representative list of reports, Please include date, location, observers
      and the age of the bird-- immature, adult or undetermined. I do not require
      that the report have been accepted by a records committee, though I would
      like to know if it was.

      Thanks very much for your help.

      Jim Barton
      redwing1986@...
      Cambridge, MA
      US Coordinator Proact in the Americas
      Campaigning for birds and their habitats before it's too late
      www.proactnow.org