Black-legged Kittiwake

  • Steve Huckabone
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      I saw the bird today in Santa Nella but not at the white foot bridge. I
      didn't have much success at the white footbridge so I went north on hwy
      33 from Santa Nella and turned right at the first blacktop after leaving
      town. Go east .5 miles and you'll see a bridge where the road goes over
      the canal. The bird was on the north side of the bridge in the canal
      feeding. Myself and several other birders had amazing views of the bird.
      It was very approachable, we sat on the bank of the canal with the bird
      approx 8-10 feet away. No need for binocular or scope.

      Good birding,

      Steve Huckabone
      Alameda County
      Livermore California