FW: Re: [CVBirds] Placer Harris's Sparrow continues

  • Dennis Braddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      ------ Forwarded Message
      From: Dennis Braddy <braddy@...>
      Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:58:39 -0800
      To: CVBirds <central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [CVBirds] Placer Harris's Sparrow continues

      CVBirders,

      The adult Placer County Harris's Sparrow continued in the same location at
      least through early afternoon today, 12/31/02. We had several brief but good
      looks over the course of an hour. The longest look came when this large
      pink-billed sparrow perched in the sun for 2 minutes.

      Dennis and Patricia Braddy
      San Ramon

      On 12/31/02 10:50 AM, "Jon King" <king@...> wrote:

      > Birders,
      >
      > The adult Harris's Sparrow was still present early this morning in
      > western Placer County along Dowd Rd between Nicolaus and Moore Roads
      > (0.4 mile north of Moore Rd opposite 770 Dowd Rd, on the roadside and
      > fence next to their letterbox). Also here among about 150 House Sparrows
      > was a striking fully leucistic female.
      >
      > Cheers, Jon.

      Central Valley Birds[CVBirds]messages are searchable and archived at:

      ------ End of Forwarded Message