Continuing Presence of imm. Black-legged Kittiwake, Santa Nella, Merced County

  • sharkfin831 <feinerVogel@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      Calbirders:

      Today at noon I re-found the immature Black-legged Kittiwake
      discovered by Mike Rogers' Los Banos CBC Group yesterday, December
      30, 2002, a likely first county record.

      The Kittiwake was bobbing in the canal about 0.5 mile north of Henry
      Miller Avenue right at a white wooden foot-bridge across from a
      group of houses. No other birders were around. Did anyone else try
      for the bird today?

      From the Kittiwake location you can see I-5 to the West.

      I had checked the Northern California DeLorme, the California Thomas
      Guide, and the Central Valley Thomas Guide, the only maps I have,
      and none of these label the canal by name. The only sign on site is
      one on the bridge saying "Outside Canal".

      Happy New Year and Good Birding!

      --
      Mike Feighner (alias sharkfin831), Livermore, CA, Alameda County