Pacific Golden-Plover (Stanislaus Co.)

  • les_lieurance <skuaaaa@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      CalBirders -

      Today, Dec 31, 2002 at 10am Cindy Lieurance found a Pacific Golden-
      Plover at Modesto Sewage Ponds. The bird was associating with a large
      flock of Black-bellied Plovers on the east side of the complex close
      to an electrical box marked "EA 13 14". At least once, the Golden-
      Plover flew off-site with some of the Black-bellied Plovers,
      returning a few minutes later.

      The management is very welcoming to birders. Sign the visitors log
      and liability waiver at the operations office. The complex is at
      7007 Jennings Road in Stanislaus County. More complete directions are
      available at

      http://www.cvbirds.org/SiteGuides/MSP.pdf

      (Central Valley Bird Club).

      Best regards,
      Leslie Lieurance
      San Francisco
      415 269 5108
    • Jim Gain
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
        Pacific Golden-Plovers are uncommon but regular at the Modesto Sewage
        Ponds every winter with up to 8 individuals found at one time. This past
        week I had 3 juveniles and 3 adults mixed in with the 1,000 or so
        Black-bellied.

        See also http://www2.ainet.com/sas/modesto_sewage_ponds.htm for a map of
        the ponds. Their hours are M-F, 7 - 3 PM.

        I also had a Barn Swallow there the other day. Kind of late.

        Jim Gain

        Modesto

        Today, Dec 31, 2002 at 10am Cindy Lieurance found a Pacific Golden-
        Plover at Modesto Sewage Ponds. The bird was associating with a large
        flock of Black-bellied Plovers on the east side of the complex close
        to an electrical box marked "EA 13 14". At least once, the Golden-
        Plover flew off-site with some of the Black-bellied Plovers,
        returning a few minutes later.

        The management is very welcoming to birders. Sign the visitors log
        and liability waiver at the operations office. The complex is at
        7007 Jennings Road in Stanislaus County. More complete directions are
        available at

        http://www.cvbirds.org/SiteGuides/MSP.pdf

        (Central Valley Bird Club).

        Best regards,
        Leslie Lieurance
        San Francisco
        415 269 5108

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        065787:HM/A=1327986/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870027;7586687;a?
        http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1327986/rand=871819508>

        Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email
        to these addresses: