Trumpeter swans in So CA/AZ

  • mjbbirds@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2002
      My wife and I saw two juvenile trumpeter swans, with green neck tags, at
      Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, near Blythe, CA on Dec. 29. They were in
      the Oxbow Lake near the northern main entrance from the CA side off Highway
      78. The birds were not seen in the area the following day.
      On another note, we searched diligently for Juniper titmouse at Mid Hills
      Campground near Cima in the eastern Mojave but did not find any there. There
      was snow on the ground following recent precipitation there, and very little
      bird activity of any kind. If you are aware of their recent status at this
      site, I would be interested to know.
      Martin Byhower