Re: [CALBIRDS] FW: [pen-bird] Sedge Wren continues (San Mateo County)

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2002
      At 07:33 PM 12/8/2002 -0800, Mike Feighner wrote:
      >Checking http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8439/master.txt for CBRC
      >records I see only 4 accepted records of Sedge Wren for California and only
      >one addition submitted record. I do remember one Ventura County record, but
      >this list has not been update since December 30, 1997. Are there plans in
      >the works for a more recent update?

      There was a Sedge Wren 10/26 - 10/27/1997 in Sycamore Canyon Campground,
      Pt. Mugu State Park, VEN. I'm pretty sure I remember this record being
      accepted.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.411 N, 118:21:56.678 W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22
    • Jamie Chavez
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2002
        Indeed... and a photo of the Ventura bird is on the CBRC website with the
        caption ACCEPTED.

        http://www.wfo-cbrc.org/cbrc/photos/index.html

        Jamie M. Chavez
        Santa Maria, CA
        34.90'N, 120.45'W
        jc.wings@...

        <")
        ( \
        / |``

        > There was a Sedge Wren 10/26 - 10/27/1997 in Sycamore Canyon Campground,
        > Pt. Mugu State Park, VEN. I'm pretty sure I remember this record being
        > accepted.
        >

        > Good birding,
        > Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use
        > <mailto:mobile@...> for rare birds and emergencies only
        >
        > Steve Sosensky, photographer www.sosensky.com
        > 10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
        > Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.411 N, 118:21:56.678 W
        > Audubon in So. California www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/
        > San Fernando Valley AS www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
        > AIM ID: SteveS310 Yahoo Messenger ID: SteveSosensky
        > SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22

      • Guy McCaskie
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
          Mike,

          The California Bird Records Committee (CBRC) has endorsed six (6) records of
          Sedge Wrens in California, none being in San Mateo County. The CBRC is
          currently working on the manuscript of a book, "Vagrant and Scarce Bird
          Species of California" that will list every record of all species on the
          CBRC's review list. Obviously the information in such a book depends on
          birders like you to submit documentation. As such, I encourage you to
          submit documentation for the Sedge Wren, and any other rarities you should
          encounter.

          Thank you,

          Guy McCaskie
          Secretary, California Bird Records Committee
          P.O. Box 275
          Imperial Beach, CA 91933-0275