Re[2]: [CALBIRDS] Re: Bird Observation Service

  • Nathan Dias
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      -- huh. I thought RIM/Blackberry used to make a satellite-based model text pager. At any rate I'm sure Glenayre's AccessLink II is satellite based, as are the more expensive Motorola models like the 9501 and others. I think some of the high end Motorola models use Iridium technology so there may be long term support / end of life issues there...

      Steve Sosensky wrote:

      "This would be nice, except that BlackBerry is not satellite based. The
      specs below are taken from the BlackBerry website and match models to phone
      network technology:

      North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks - BlackBerry 5810 and 6710
      Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks - BlackBerry 6710
      North America: 800 MHz Nextel´┐Ż network - BlackBerry 6510"