North American Birds Fall Reminder

  • sgloverccc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      December 1, 2002

      Dear North American Birds Contributors,

      Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
      the period 1 Aug- 30 Nov to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below)
      or to the Regional Editors by 10 Dec.

      Please keep in mind that Glover is responsible for all birds from doves
      through Wrentit, and that this includes such birds as vireos and shrikes.

      PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
      painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
      cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
      your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files
      as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
      Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
      as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a
      Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

      Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill and Tom
      Ryan at:
      H.T. Harvey & Associates
      3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
      San Jose, CA 95118
      or
      sterrill@...

      Records of herons to shorebirds go to Mike Rogers at:
      499 Novato Ave.
      Sunnyvale, CA 94086
      m.m.rogers@...

      Records of doves through thrushes/Wrentit (in the new AOU order, that
      includes vireos and shrikes) go to Steve Glover at:
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin, CA 94568
      or
      Sgloverccc@...

      Records of thrashers to finches go to Don Roberson at:
      282 Grove Acre Avenue
      Pacific Grove, CA 93950
      or
      creagrus@...

      SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

      Alameda
      Bob Richmond
      24650 Amador St. #15
      Hayward, CA 94544
      BRichmondALA@...

      Alpine & Calaveras
      Penelope Bowen
      2035 Ashton Ave
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      PbowenD@...

      Amador & El Dorado
      Tim Steurer
      4042 Bancroft Dr.
      El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
      tsteurer@...

      Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
      Bruce Deuel
      18730 Live Oak Road
      Red Bluff, CA 96080
      bdeuel@...

      Contra Costa
      Steve Glover
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin CA 94568
      Sgloverccc@...

      Del Norte
      Alan D. Barron
      1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
      Crescent City, CA 95531
      flockfinder@...

      Humboldt
      David Fix and Jude Claire Power
      P.O. Box 4331
      Arcata, CA 95518
      dfxjcp@...

      Kings
      Luke Cole
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      Lake
      Jerry R. White
      P.O. Box 113
      Kelseyville, CA 95451
      grwhite@...

      Lassen, Sacramento & Yolo
      Tim Manolis
      808 El Encino Way
      Sacramento, CA 95864
      ylightfoot@...

      Mendocino
      Bob Keiffer
      P. O. Box 354
      Hopland CA 95449
      rjkeiffer@...

      Merced and San Benito
      Kent Van Vuren
      26 Vista Dr.
      Salinas, CA 93907
      vanvurenk@...

      Modoc
      John Sterling
      Jones & Stokes Associates
      2600 V St.
      Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
      ani@...

      Mono
      Kristie Nelson
      P.O. Box 402
      Lee Vining, CA 93541
      storm_petrel@...

      Monterey
      Don Roberson
      282 Grove Acre
      Pacific Grove CA 93950
      831-373-2566fax
      creagrus@...

      Napa & Solano
      Robin Leong
      336 Benson Ave.
      Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
      robin_leong@...

      Nevada
      Brian Williams
      8200 Turner Dr.
      Granite Bay, CA 95746
      bwcal@...

      Placer
      Ed Pandolfino
      4807 Miners Cove Circle
      Loomis, CA 95650
      erpfromca@...

      Plumas & Sierra
      John "Mac" McCormick
      2351 Filbert St.
      Apt. #102
      San Francisco, CA 94123
      macmc94123@...

      San Francisco (mainland)
      The City: Mark Eaton
      1524 36th Avenue
      San Francisco, CA 94122
      mweaton@...

      San Joaquin
      David G. Yee
      11707 N. Alpine Rd.
      Lodi, CA 95240
      davidyee@...

      San Mateo
      Peter J. Metropulos
      470 Middlefield Rd.
      Atherton, CA 94027
      pjmetrop@...

      Santa Clara
      William G. Bousman
      321 Arlington Way
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      bousman@...

      Santa Cruz
      David Suddjian
      801 Monterey Ave.
      Capitola, CA 95010
      DSUDDJIAN@...

      Shasta
      Bob Yutzy
      P. O. Box 990237
      Redding CA 96099
      boby@...

      Siskiyou
      Ray Ekstrom
      2209 Delphic Rd.
      Montague, CA 96064

      Sonoma
      Ruth Rudesill
      P.O. Box 371
      Kenwood, CA 95452
      rar@...

      Stanislaus
      Jim Gain
      1721 Candler Lane
      Modesto, CA 95355
      jimgain@...

      Trinity
      John E. Hunter
      P.O. Box 4483
      Arcata, CA 95518
      jhunter323@...

      Tuolumne
      Kenneth J. Brunges
      P.O. Box 1180
      Columbia, CA 95310
      Fulica@...

      We currently have no regional editors for Fresno, Madera, Marin, Mariposa and
      Tulare Counties. Records from these counties should be sent directly to the
      Regional Editors.

      The Reporting Deadlines are:
      Spring Summer Fall Winter

      Season ends May 31 July 31 Nov 30 Feb 28

      Observer reports to Subregional Editors (SREs)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      Observer reports to Regional Editors (if not sent to SRE)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      SRE reports to Regional Editors
      June 20 Aug 20 Dec 20 Mar 20

      Regional Editors final text to ABA office
      July 10 Sep 10 Jan 10 Apr 10

      PLEASE meet your deadlines so that we can meet our deadlines!

      Please send reports in our preferred order: species, date(s) [including
      year], locale, co. abbrev., number of birds, and observer, and then, on a
      second line, any comments. Please separate these sections by a "tab" (except
      just a space between locale and county abbreviation) on electronic versions
      submitted. Again, here's an example of the correct format:

      Grace's Warbler 12/13/98-2/20/99 Jacks Peak MTY 1 RFT, mob
      A second record for the Region (the first was 6/26/91 at Deer Spring,
      Glass Mt. MNO) which wintered with a large flock of Townsend's & Hermit
      warblers at the very top of Jacks Peak in Jacks Peak Regional Park. Details
      by Tintle and others are enclosed.

      Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports
      electronically, either on a diskette or by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic
      reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at
      least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered
      eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone
      who wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above
      makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

      We've heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional
      reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this feedback,
      as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a whole.
      Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don't hesitate to let
      us know what you think of the reports.

      Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these
      reports possible!

      Sincerely,

      Don Roberson, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

      (Middle Pacific Coast Regional Editors)

      Steve Glover
      Dublin

    • Ryan Terrill
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
        NAB Contributors-

        As of the beginning of this fall's reporting period, I have taken on the task of subregional editor for Marin county, and I would greatly appreciate if reports from this fall for Marin County could be sent to me, so I can compile them and send them on to the regional editors

        Thanks

        -Ryan Terrill
        enicurus@...
        1619 El Dorado st. Santa Cruz, Ca
        (408) 406-1231

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007
          December 1, 2007

          Dear North American Birds Contributors,

          The winter season has already come to a close so
          please send your noteworthy records from the Northern
          California Region for the period 1 August – 30
          November to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see
          below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 December.

[...]

          Records of thrashers to finches go to Ed Pandolfino
          at:
          Ed Pandolfino
          5530 Delrose Court
          Carmichael, CA 95608
          erpfromca@...

          SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

          Alameda
          Bob Richmond
          24650 Amador St. #15
          Hayward, CA 94544
          Brichmond94544@...

          Alpine, Calaveras & Modoc
          John Sterling
          29 Palm Ave.
          Woodland, CA 95695
          ani@...

          Amador & El Dorado
          Tim Steurer
          4042 Bancroft Dr.
          El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
          tsteurer@...

          Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
          Bruce Deuel
          18730 Live Oak Road
          Red Bluff, CA 96080
          bkrdeuel@...

          Contra Costa
          Steve Glover
          6526 Conestoga Lane
          Dublin CA 94568
          countylines@...

          Del Norte
          Alan D. Barron
          1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
          Crescent City, CA 95531
          flockfinder@...

          Fresno
          Gary W. Potter
          2183 Walton Ave
          Sanger, CA 93657
          gwpott@...

          Humboldt
          Rob Fowler
          2277 Heather Lane, Apt. D
          Arcata, CA 95521
          migratoriusfwlr@...

          Kings
          Luke Cole
          561 Hill Street
          San Francisco, CA 94114
          luke@...

          Lake
          Jerry R. White
          P.O. Box 113
          Kelseyville, CA 95451
          grwhite@...

          Lassen
          Brad Stovall
          Stovall Associates
          P.O. Box 4413
          Chico, CA 95927
          Bmspi1@...

          Madera
          Jeff Davis
          11238 N Via Trevisio Way
          Fresno, CA 93730
          jndavis@...

          Marin
          Ryan Terrill
          1619 El Dorado Street
          Santa Cruz, CA 95062
          enicurus@...

          Mariposa
          David Vander Pluym
          1683 Buena Vista St.
          Ventura, CA 93001
          SCRE@...

          Mendocino
          Bob Keiffer
          P. O. Box 354
          Hopland CA 95449
          rjkeiffer@...

          Merced and San Benito
          Kent Van Vuren
          26 Vista Dr.
          Salinas, CA 93907
          vanvurenk@...

          Mono
          Kristie Nelson
          P.O. Box 402
          Lee Vining, CA 93541
          storm_petrel@...

          Monterey
          Don Roberson
          282 Grove Acre
          Pacific Grove CA 93950
          831-373-2566fax
          creagrus@...

          Napa
          Murray Berner
          210 Monte Vista
          Napa, CA 94558
          (707) 224-5897
          vireocity@...

          Nevada
          Brian Williams
          8200 Turner Dr.
          Granite Bay, CA 95746
          bwcal@...

          Placer
          Ed Pandolfino
          5530 Del Rose Court
          Carmichael, CA 95608
          erpfromca@...

          Plumas & Sierra
          John "Mac" McCormick
          1230 Dog Leg Dr.
          Chico, CA 95928
          macmc94123@...

          Sacramento
          Chris Conard
          2405 Rio Bravo Circle
          Sacramento, CA 95826
          conardc@...

          San Francisco (mainland)
          The City: Mark Eaton
          1524 36th Avenue
          San Francisco, CA 94122
          mweaton@...

          San Francisco (Farallons)
          Jim Tietz
          P.O. Box 751
          Arcata, CA, 95518
          jmtietz@...

          San Joaquin
          David G. Yee
          11707 N. Alpine Rd.
          Lodi, CA 95240
          davidyee@...

          San Mateo
          Peter J. Metropulos
          2940 Turk Blvd.
          San Francisco, CA 94118
          pjmetrop@...

          Santa Clara
          William G. Bousman
          321 Arlington Way
          Menlo Park CA 94025
          barlowi@...

          Santa Cruz
          David Suddjian and Steve Gerow
          801 Monterey Ave.
          Capitola, CA 95010
          DSUDDJIAN@...
          Stephengerow@...

          Shasta
          Bob Yutzy
          P. O. Box 990237
          Redding CA 96099
          boby@...

          Siskiyou
          Ray Ekstrom
          2209 Delphic Rd.
          Montague, CA 96064

          Solano
          Robin Leong
          336 Benson Ave.
          Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
          robin_leong@...

          Sonoma
          Ruth Rudesill
          P.O. Box 371
          Kenwood, CA 95452
          ruthier@...

          Stanislaus
          Jim Gain
          3300 Cardinal Flower Ave.
          Modesto, CA 95355
          phalarope@...

          Trinity
          John E. Hunter
          P.O. Box 4483
          Arcata, CA 95518
          jhunter323@...

          Tulare
          Steven Summers
          2553 W. Michelle Ln.
          Porterville, CA 93257
          summers@...

          Tuolumne
          Steven Umland
          15818 Parkridge Ave.
          Sonora, CA 95370
          sumland@...

          Yolo
          Roger Adamson
          2213 Catalina Dr.
          Davis, CA 95616
          rhadamson@...

[...]

          (Northern California Regional Editors)
        • Steve Glover
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
            December 1, 2008

            Dear North American Birds Contributors,

            The fall season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy records from the Northern California Region for the period 1 August – 30 November to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 December.

            Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species, date, etc.

            PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

            Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Steve Rottenborn at:
            H.T. Harvey & Associates
            983 University Ave., Bldg. D
            Los Gatos, CA 95032
            srottenborn@...

            Records of waterfowl through quail and herons through shorebirds go to Mike Rogers at:

            jsterling@...

[...]

            Rudy Darling
            12143 Big Blue Road
            Nevada City, CA 95959
            rdarling@...

            Placer
            Ed Pandolfino
            5530 Del Rose Court
            Carmichael, CA 95608
            erpfromca@...

            Plumas & Sierra
            John "Mac" McCormick
            1230 Dog Leg Dr.
            Chico, CA 95928
            macmc94123@...

            Sacramento
            Chris Conard
            2405 Rio Bravo Circle
            Sacramento, CA 95826
            conardc@...

            San Francisco (mainland)
            The City: Mark Eaton
            1524 36th Avenue
            San Francisco, CA 94122
            mweaton@...

            San Francisco (Farallons)
            Jim Tietz
            P.O. Box 751
            Arcata, CA, 95518
            jmtietz@...

            San Joaquin
            Frances Oliver
            1817 Songbird Place
            Lodi, CA 95240
            Hummer52@...

[...]

            Harold Reeves
            birder@...

            Trinity
            John E. Hunter
            P.O. Box 4483
            Arcata, CA 95518
            jhunter323@...

            Tulare
            Steven Summers
            2553 W. Michelle Ln.
            Porterville, CA 93257
            summers@...

            Tuolumne
            Steven Umland
            15818 Parkridge Ave.
            Sonora, CA 95370
            sumland@...

            Yolo
            Roger Adamson
            2213 Catalina Dr.
            Davis, CA 95616
            rhadamson@...

[...]

            Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone who wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

            We've heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this feedback, as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a whole. Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don't hesitate to let us know what you think of the reports.

            Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these reports possible!

            Sincerely,

            Ed Pandolfino, Mike Rogers, Steve Rottenborn, and Steve Glover

            (Northern California Regional Editors)